Bali Workshop Itinerary Under Construction
In the heart of Indonesia you’ll find the beautiful island of Bali which is known for its majestic blue waters and incredible landscapes. This trip of a lifetime will not only highlight the best Bali has to offer but include multiple other locations of Indonesia as well. We’ve taken this workshop a step further and include multiple nights of Milky Way shooting in some of the best dark skies on the island.
A short flight (we include) will get us over to Java where we will get to experience quite possibly the most epic sunrise view of your life. Mount Bromo is an active volcano in East Java located in the Bromo Tengger Semeru National Park. It’s 7,641 feet in height which doesn’t make it the highest in the area, but certainly the most well known and iconic.
You'll arrive to Bali Airport and our personal driver will pick you up and take you to the hotel. Check in and then meet for our first "Get to Know Each Other" meeting before we head out to capture the sunset followed by the Milky Way.
Breakfast first and then pack your gear and get ready to head north to a new location filled with Waterfalls, Paddy Fields and Volcanic Mountains. This will be a great opportunity for sunset images, timelapses and star trails. These epic views are just steps away from our hotel room within the hotel.
Early rise for sunrise just steps from your hotel room. Midday waterfall chasing at some of the best hidden gems of Bali. We will drive to a sunset view that overlooks some local villages with some majestic lakes and volcanic mountains that will take us right into another Milky Way shoot.
Check out of hotel and drive to an iconic gem of a waterfall that is known to typically have some of the most magical light you've ever seen. Looks like something out of "Avatar" the movie. Check into a new hotel to host a formal classroom session. Sunset will be at this iconic Temple of Bali. Dinner back at the hotel.
Today will be a flying day where we'll be departing from Bali and arriving at Java. From the airport, we'll drive to the hotel in Mt Bromo and check in. Departing shortly after to a sunset spot overlooking this epic Volcano. Prepare to be blown away as we take a short hike to see and experience the inside of the actual crater with unique perspectives and textures to creatively capture. Incredible opportunities for some astrophotography directly after sunset here.
Chasing some of the best waterfalls your camera will ever see during the day. This will be an opportune time to take your drone out and get some photos from above that overlook the volcano. Afterwards we will head to a different view point of Mt Bromo for sunset and some astro.
Sunrise will be at a viewpoint with some unique trees framing Mt Bromo.
* We will be chasing conditions and constantly monitoring the weather. The itinerary may change based on what conditions are during the workshop.
Planning Your Shoots
- Scouting and evaluating conditions
- Composing an image to grab the viewer’s attention
- Composing an image with a person in frame to show scale and tell a story
- Utilizing apps, such as PhotoPills, for more efficient planning
- Choosing the right lens and filters for the job
- How to shoot with a plan or vision for editing
Capturing Your Image
- Histogram - how to read for perfectly exposed images
- Exposure control - how to use ISO, Aperture and Shutter Speed in different scenarios
- Bracketing, Perspective Blending and Focus Stacking
- Focusing at night to capture pin sharp stars and foreground
- Long Exposure - how to capture blue hour & Milky Way
- Blending your blue-hour image with the Milky Way
- Stacking for Noise Reduction - how to shoot the proper frames to stack
- Lightroom and Photoshop - learn our post-processing workflow
- Luminosity Masks
- Dodging and Burning
- Understanding layers and masks in Photoshop
- Finishing touches using clone stamp and removing distractions
- Creating Orton glows and painting with light
- Build Social Media Presence - how to maximize engagement
- How to quickly convert time-lapse stills into a short videos
- Exporting and Editing for Fine Art Printing
MEET YOUR MAIN INSTRUCTORS
ABOUT KENNETH & STANLEY ARYANTO
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
All Lodging Accommodations
We have reserved lodging for the duration of the workshop and each person will have their own designated room.
Flights (during the workshop) and car transportation are included (exluding your initial flight arriving to Bali and departing home)
Meals and snacks are included
National Park Entry Fees & Photo Instruction
All National Park entrance fees are included.
Personalized and honest feedback from a 1-on-1 session with both instructors. We will review your top images and give honest feedback on how to improve in camera shots and personalized editing tips.
Social Media Insights
Instagram and growing your social media has been a huge interest for many. We will be touching on the ever changing algorithm of Instagram and how to successfully grow your presence as a photographer in the world of social media.
Our goal is to leave you feeling confident, motivated and passionate about your photography with a new set of ideas and perspective! We will teach simple and actionable techniques to scout out incredible compositions and the process of how to approach and execute unique photos in any environment or conditions. The classroom portion of this adventure will teach you a combination of Lightroom and Photoshop workflows and methods that will allow you to create some powerful images. We decided to keep the group small and intimate, thus allowing us to focus and give you much more access to the 3 instructors and 1-on-1 attention. Instructors will always be with the group providing thoughts and real time critique as the light changes from sunset to the enchanting night skies.
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED?
With any trip/adventure, it is recommended you have travel insurance, especially for medical emergencies.
Cost: $5,995 USD
Deposit: $1,995 to reserve your spot NOW!
Space is limited and filling up quickly on a first come, first serve basis. With three photography instructors present for the duration of the workshop, you will have plenty of opportunity for 1-on-1 instruction to improve the skills you feel you need to work on!
Join Our Tribe and Invest in Your Passion!
* Please read the workshop F.A.Q. section to learn more about cancellation policies or if you have any other questions.